Thursday, March 23, 2006

Don't Get Drunk in a Bar in Texas

Unseen Al Gore Campaign video
This is must see internet TV. Apparently, Gore is a big film fan and particularly likes Being John Malkovich directed by Spike Jonz. During the 2000 election Al invited Spike to hang around the family homestead in Tennessee and to bring a camera a long. Word has it that the footage was to be used as campaign material. It never happened, supposedly because Al's "consultants" shelved it. I guess they were afraid that it showed him as a huma. Dumb fucks. Anyway, watch the video then answer the question that so many have used to praise Bush. Who would you rather have a beer with?

Check out this link for a movement underway to get Gore in the race in 2008. I hope he waits until the last minute. We need Gore:

DRAFT GORE: AL GORE FOR PRESIDENT 2008

Russ Never Sleeps:
Another good Dem.
“Both Democratic politicians and pundits are afraid,” Mr. Feingold said on March 21 by phone. He was between constituent tours during the week’s Congressional recess. “Time and again, they allow themselves to be intimidated from taking a strong stand against the administration.”"
....
From all this self-administered Senatorial gagging came only new legislation proposed by Senator Mike DeWine (R.-Ohio) that would essentially go back and retrospectively legalize the abuses of power under the N.S.A. program. “I wanted to see the headline then,” Mr. Feingold joked: “‘Republican Senate Proposes Law to Make Illegal Program Legal.’
If you remember the shit storm that occurred a few years back when the Dixie Chicks expressed their opposition to Bush, then you'll be happy to know that they've come out with their first new album since said shit storm. In true D.C. fashion they come out swinging. Natalie Maines don't take no shit off anyone. Remember the FUTK t-shirt she wore at concerts in response to Toby Keith's dumb redneck Republican ass bashing them? Well, they've released their first single off the ablum and it is a goodie. I'll admit that I'm a sucker for a well crafted pop song. But when you put a big FUCK YOU in the lyrics to the Bush cultist, it just gives me goosebumps. Click on the link and the tune will start playing automatically. Here's something good that came out of Texas:

Dixie Chicks

I made my bed and I sleep like a baby
With no regrets and I don’t mind sayin’
It’s a sad sad story when a mother will teach her
Daughter that she ought to hate a perfect stranger
And how in the world can the words that I said
Send somebody so over the edge
That they’d write me a letter
Sayin’ that I better shut up and sing
Or my life will be over

I’m not ready to make nice
I’m not ready to back down
I’m still mad as hell and
I don’t have time to go round and round and round
It’s too late to make it right
I probably wouldn’t if I could
‘Cause I’m mad as hell
Can’t bring myself to do what it is you think I should

And now for something sucky about Texas. I can't even comment on the stupidity of this. These theocrats in charge are taking away ALL of your freedoms. If you want to know the direction the country is really heading I suggest you get a copy of Margaret Atwood's The Handmaid's Tale and give it a read:

Texas arresting people in bars for being drunk
"SAN ANTONIO, Texas (Reuters) - Texas has begun sending undercover agents into bars to arrest drinkers for being drunk, a spokeswoman for the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission said on Wednesday."
Water - Marketed brands no better than city stuff in taste test
Here we have the topic of bottle water. I've always thought that you had to be a damn fool to buy bottled water. It's not any safer than tap water. If you dig bottled water then I'd like to talk to you about some oxygen you might be interested in. I'll sell it to you dirt cheap.
"Water, a well-known beverage favored by billions, was once again fooling the whole world Tuesday in San Francisco.

In another of those blind tastings designed to demonstrate what suckers water drinkers have become, ordinary tap water faced off against its high-priced bottled brethren in head-to-head combat.

The idea, according to the earnest young organizers of the first-ever Tap Water Challenge, was to see if people could tell tap water from the $1-a-bottle stuff.

The answer was, they couldn't."


No comments: