Monday, July 09, 2007

Sirens of the Ditch

The long awaited and much anticipated Jason Isbell album, Sirens of the Ditch, is coming out tomorrow. Its gonna be a big day for Jason as I predict some pretty hefty album sales right out of the gate.

The blog name has been changed in honor of Jason and the album. I wish him all the success in the word. He deserves it.

If you haven't pre-ordered a copy of Sirens go on over to Amazon and do so today so those initial numbers will pop some eyeballs over at the record company. His pre-order sales rank is #294.

Also and 'as always' pick up a copy of the record from your locally owned and operated indie music store.

I was lucky enough to get my first copy at the CD release show held in beautiful downtown Sheffield, Alabama last Saturday. The show was an unofficial part of Al Gore's Live Earth show on 7-7-07 (according to me). Jason's CD release show also created a future trivia questions:

What does Jason Isbell's Sirens release show on 7-7-07 have in common with the band Styx. (answer comes in tomorrow's post but if you want to take a shot in the comments, have at it)





Jason had 2 stellar bands open up for him last Saturday.

First up was Lauderdale:



Next was Sons of Roswell:



Then Jason and the 400 Unit took to the stage.




What a great night of music.

Today is a travel across the continent day for me today, but I'll have many more pictures up in tomorrow's post. (I'll be back on the West coast and I plan on sleeping in so look for it in the afternoon).

Go buy this record!



_______
_____
___

No comments: