Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Mostly Ghostly Video

Check out the video for Ghost to Most by Jason Thrasher:

A Ghost To Most


_______

I'm torn on this one. I like my steaks bloody rare so I'm wondering how they'll produce the blood in the fake steak.

Then there's also the 'fear of death' hormone that's injected into the meat right before slaughter and that taste real, real good.

I don't know, man, I don't know.

Animal activists offer million dollars for test-tube meat:

"Steaks out of a test-tube? The animal rights group PETA is putting up a million dollar reward for anyone who by 2012 can grow in-vitro meat that looks and tastes like the real thing.

'In-vitro meat production would use animal stem cells that would be placed in a medium to grow and reproduce. The result would mimic flesh and could be cooked and eaten,' People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) said in a statement."
_______

Having lived in Phoenix I can attest to mass delusions but there may be something to this one.

Mystery lights reported over Phoenix:

"People are looking for an explanation for mysterious red lights that appeared in the north Phoenix sky Monday night, reminiscent of a similar event 11 years ago."
_______

NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Damn beer prices are already through the roof.

'WARM' BEER CRI$I$ - New York Post:

"April 22, 2008 -- High beer prices are on tap, and global warming could be to blame.

The environmental crisis has hit suds-lovers where it hurts most - at the bar and in the wallet - as prices of grains and hops soar, activists said yesterday."
_______
_____
___

2 comments:

Jez said...

Dude!

I've been warning you about a hop shortage for at least 6 months. You had to get something from the NY Post to share the story? Thanks, big media, for finally picking this up.

I've got 3 hop rhizomes in the ground right now, and two more on order. I'll be growing my own hops and making my own beer. Sure, I'll have to still buy grains and malt extracts, but hops jumped from $2/oz to almost $6. Considering I usually put about a range of 2-4 oz in a brew, that'll run ya.

It's still cheaper to homebrew. Look into it. It's a great hobby.

AAW said...

I didn't want to believe it, Jez. I mean war and fuel cost and standing in the world.... these are things I an deal with. But when you start effing with the beer I start to freak out.

Yer a genius for growing the hops. I may have to start buying direct from you. ;-)

It is something I'd dig to do one day. I just have to live somewhere long enough. I move around too much.