Thursday, June 04, 2009

The Road to Margaret and Helen

Sometimes you stumble upon something on the web that makes the world all seem perfectly right.

I had one of those stumbles yesterday when I was introduced to Margaret and Helen.

You really must read the 'About' section of their blog. Here's a snippet:

"My name is Helen Philpot. I am 82 years old. My grandson taught me how to do this so that I could “blog” with my best friend Margaret Schmechtman who I met in college almost 60 years ago. I have three children with my husband Harold. Margaret has three dogs with her husband Howard. I live in Texas and Margaret lives in Maine."
If only I were 40 years older.....

Take some time today to read as many posts as you can from these extraordinary ladies.

82 and kicking hard.

Margaret and Helen:

"Margaret, I am here to tell you that Dick Cheney is a bitch – a big one too. I mean I thought that Sarah Palin was a bitch, but even she can’t hold a candle to this guy. Have you been listening to him recently?

I would say that it takes some pretty big balls to go on national television again and again to justify torture, but Dick was too much of a wimp to serve his country in the military so I’m pretty sure there ain’t much hanging between his legs. But being a bitch myself, I can assure you that you don’t need balls to be a bitch. You just need to not give a damn what other people think of you… and Dick doesn’t even care what his family and friends think about him much less the rest of us.

I have to admit that I am more than a little perplexed by Dick’s rise to power. He flunked out of Yale – something even George W. Bush didn’t do – and has at least two DWI’s on his record – one more than Georgie Boy. So basically from 2001 to 2009 we had two dry-drunk idiots running the country. But only one of them has had the good sense to shut the hell up since leaving office."
_______

Speaking of 'The Bitch' and his boy....

Shocking. They passed the buck. Just like they did with everything else.

Cheney Acknowledges Passing The Buck On GM: Bush Didn’t ‘Want To Be The One Who Pulled The Plug’:

"Last night on Fox News, Vice President Cheney admitted that the Bush administration deliberately decided to pass the buck on GM and let President Obama deal with the problem. Cheney admitted that he thought the “right outcome was going to be bankruptcy,” but that President Bush didn’t want to “be the one who pulled the plug.” Instead, the Bush administration put together a costly auto bailout to stem the tide until President Obama took office:"
_______

One doesn't 'show' empathy. One either has empathy or not.

If you 'work hard' to 'show empathy' then you are not a naturally empathetic person and, thusly, are faking a human trait in order to garner favor with others.

The 2nd part of the statement is so apparently ridiculous that it doesn't warrant comment.

Indiana Governor: Empathy Can Revive Republican Party:

"WASHINGTON — Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels, a potential 2012 presidential candidate, said Wednesday that his fellow Republicans need to work harder to show 'empathy' if they want to emerge from the political doldrums.

Daniels also called those on the left of the political spectrum 'the meanest people in politics.'"

_______

This is going to be great! Apparently the hyper-activity in the trailer below isn't apparent in the movie. The movie's tone and pace hold true to the book... I hope... and according to Esquire:

The Road Movie Review - Inside Movie of the Road - Esquire

YouTube - The Road - Official Trailer [HD]

_______
_____
___

No comments: