Thursday, October 05, 2006

26 Miles to Colbert Heights is the End of the World




All for Cobert:
"'On behalf of Stephen Colbert, the Stephen Colbert Museum and Gift Shop, and myself, Tad, I'd like to say, 'You're welcome,' ' he proclaimed, to the laughter and applause of the crowd.

'It's not every day I get to save a town, and I know you must appreciate the opportunity for me to do so,' he said, playing on the conceitedness that the character Stephen Colbert portrays."
......
The ceremony also included a scene from "The Miracle Workers (with an "s" at the end)," which is about Tuscumbia's Helen Keller and her teacher, Anne Sullivan. In the touching scene, Keller is at the pump, spelling out her first words: "S-t-e-p-h-e-n C-o-l-b-e-r-t."



______________

It's the End of the World as we know it... It's the End of the World as we know it.....

Six o'clock - TV hour. Don't get caught in foreign towers. Slash and burn, return, listen to yourself churn. Locking in, uniforming, book burning, blood letting. Every motive escalate. Automotive incinerate. Light a candle, light a votive. Step down, step down. Watch your heel crush, crushed, uh-oh, this means no fear cavalier. Renegade steer clear! A tournament, tournament, a tournament of lies. Offer me solutions, offer me alternatives and I decline."

And I feel fine.......

DBT's stage at the Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival this Sunday




No comments: