Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Can you Ear me Know?

Amen to this. No matter how much the religious right wants the contrary and no matter how much they'll lie to make it the contrary, the U.S. was founded on secular principles of the Enlightenment. We ain't no christian nation. That's a recent development.

Coulter and the Jews (Media):
Atrios and Andrew Sullivan agree that there's something fishy in Ann Coulter's desire to see Judaism wiped off the face of the earth so we can all be 'perfected' by becoming Christians. This is an uncomfortable thing for Jewish people to think about, but isn't that actually a very banal baseline belief of all Christians and Muslims everywhere? Jews don't evangelize like this, and I don't think Hindus do either, but our world's great crusading faiths certainly do and converting everyone is . . . the whole point! This is one reason -- probably the reason -- that whatever the electoral politics of the matter, it's probably not a great idea to encourage politicians to 'talk about faith' more. For America to work as an enterprise you need people with deeply held but mutually inconsistent religious beliefs to all work and live together peacefully. Rubbing everyone's noses in the precise implications of other people's beliefs (Christians think Jews shouldn't exist, Jews think Christians are worshipping a false messiah, Protestants think Catholics worship idols, etc.) isn't really helpful."
_______

If this be the case, then I've already perpetrated 3 felonies this morning. 1 against my alarm clock, 1 against dresser in my room that I jammed my toe upon, and 1 against my car for taking me to work. I'm looking a 5-10 years.

Just say no to cursing inanimate objects. You could face serious jail time.

West Side woman faces jail time for swearing at toilet:

"A West Scranton woman could face up to 90 days in jail and a fine of up to $300 for allegedly shouting profanities at an overflowing toilet while inside her Luzerne Street home. Dawn Herb, whose potty mouth caught the attention of an off-duty police officer, was charged with disorderly conduct recently, prompting her to fire off a letter to the editor and vow to fight the charge. “It doesn’t make any sense. I was in my house. It’s not like I was outside or drunk,” said Ms. Herb, who resides at 924 Luzerne St. along with her four young children. “A cop can charge you with disorderly conduct for disrespecting them?”"
_______

He got sick of people asking him, "Can you hear me know". "Yeah, MFer, I CAN hear you now. STFU!"

Artist implants 'third ear' on his own arm:

"Performance artists are known for pushing the bounderies, but one Australian has astonished his contemporaries by having a third ear implanted onto his arm."

_______

Via JennB. I like the Foo double punch



_______
_____
___

No comments: