Thursday, November 06, 2008

Africa is a Continent?

Yesterday, I had one movie scene running through my head that I felt defined the 66 million that voted for Obama and who all finally stood up and stopped this conservative clusterfuck we've all endured.

This is the only good clip I could find of it on YouTube. Ignore the edit in the 2nd half.



Then we could continue the analogy relating Gandalf's battle with Balrog until he emerges victorious and evolves into a higher form of wizard....

OK, yes, I'm a bit of a geek.

______

Patterson does a recent interview with Howard Wolfson... yes, Howard Wolfson - Hillary Clinton's Communications Director for her 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Who knew he had a music and politics blog.... copy cat.

Gotham Acme � Bootlerockets:

"Wolfson: Given that it’s the day after the election, I wanted to start with a couple of political questions, if that’s all right?

Hood: All right.

Wolfson: You know, you have written so much about the history of the South and the recent history of the South. What did it mean to you last night to have the country elect our first African-American president and have at least one state and maybe two from the “Old Confederacy” vote for him?

Hood: I think it’s great. I think it’s fantastic. I really do. I’m just – I’m almost – I’m kind of speechless about it all and, actually, he was actually my first choice at the very beginning when he first jumped in and it was such a long shot. So kind of watching the whole thing play out is pretty amazing. It’s kind of – it almost hadn’t sunk in yet today. Today I’ve been kind of walking around in a daze from it all.

We were off yesterday and so we all, The Hold Steady and us both had vans parked together at a parking lot at a state college and we were all kind of taking turns in each other’s buses watching the returns come in and cooking a bunch of food and occasionally setting off some bottle rockets whenever there was good news, so it’s been kind of a long couple of days."
_______

I could learn to really like this guy.

Obama: "We Can't Solve Global Warming Because I F---ing Changed Light Bulbs In My House":

"The debates unnerved both candidates. When he was preparing for them during the Democratic primaries, Obama was recorded saying, 'I don't consider this to be a good format for me, which makes me more cautious. I often find myself trapped by the questions and thinking to myself, 'You know, this is a stupid question, but let me ... answer it.' So when Brian Williams is asking me about what's a personal thing that you've done [that's green], and I say, you know, 'Well, I planted a bunch of trees.' And he says, 'I'm talking about personal.' What I'm thinking in my head is, 'Well, the truth is, Brian, we can't solve global warming because I f---ing changed light bulbs in my house. It's because of something collective'.'"
_______

Whew, that was close.....

I so didn't want to ever blog about V-PILF again, but, alas, the daggers are out and the dirt is flying on the Repub side and really, who can resist a good elephant fight.

Daily Kos: VIDEO: Palin Did NOT Know Africa a Continent (Fox!!):

"Cameron: I wish I could have told you more at the time but all of it was put off the record until after the election. There was great concern in the McCain campaign that Sarah Palin lack the degree of knowledgeability necessary to be a running mate, a vice president, and a heartbeat away from the presidency. We’re told by folks that she didn’t know what countries that were in NAFTA, the North American Free Trade Agreement, that being the Canada, the US, and Mexico. We’re told she didn’t understand that Africa was a continent rather than a country just in itself ... a whole host of questions that caused serious problems about her knowledgeability. She got very angry at staff, thought that she was mishandled.....was particularly angry about the way the Katie Couric interview went. She didn’t accept preparation for that interview when the aides say that that was part of the problem. And that there were times that she was hard to control emotionally there's talk of temper tantrums at bad news clippings......"
_______

Yes! Do this yesterday, Obama!

Robert F. Kennedy: Environmental Protection Agency Head?:

"President-elect Barack Obama is strongly considering Robert F. Kennedy Jr. to head the Environmental Protection Agency, a Cabinet post, Democratic officials told Politico."
________

Indeed. Enjoy it now before the real work begins.

Yes We Did / Party like it's 2009, 'cuz baby, now the real work begins

_______
_____
___

No comments: