Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Here's to Your Health

Blue Dogs bought by the Health Industry?!?

Shocking, I tells ya. Shocking.

'Centrist' = 'Sold to the Core'

Blue Dogs Receive More Health Industry Backing Than Other Democrats - washingtonpost.com:
At the same time, the group has set a record pace for fundraising this year through its political action committee, surpassing other congressional leadership PACs in collecting more than $1.1 million through June. More than half the money came from the health-care, insurance and financial services industries, marking a notable surge in donations from those sectors compared with earlier years, according to an analysis by the Center for Public Integrity."
_______

'Republican support' and 'bipartisanship' shouldn't even be part of the equation.

Amen, Kos. Amen.

Daily Kos: Too bad Dems are the problem:

"Remember, Democrats have the White House and dominant majorities in Congress. Any problems passing a health care bill are self-inflicted. Were the tables reversed, Republicans wouldn't have any problem pushing through their agenda unimpeded by an irrelevant minority."
_______

Heartening... if it actually occurs.

Dawn Teo: President's Field Team Targets Blue Dogs' Districts Over Health Care Battle:

"As members of Congress head home for an August recess, Barack Obama's former campaign arm, Organizing for America (OFA), is gearing up to target Blue Dog districts with old-fashioned, election-style, on-the-ground operations."
_______

The GOP: Bringing lynching into the 21st century.

Astro-turfing motherfuckers.

Right-Wing Harassment Strategy Against Dems Detailed In Memo: ‘Yell,’ ‘Stand Up And Shout Out,’ ‘Rattle Him’:

"The lobbyist-run groups Americans for Prosperity and FreedomWorks, which orchestrated the anti-Obama tea parties earlier this year, are now pursuing an aggressive strategy to create an image of mass public opposition to health care and clean energy reform. A leaked memo from Bob MacGuffie, a volunteer with the FreedomWorks website Tea Party Patriots, details how members should be infiltrating town halls and harassing Democratic members of Congress:"
_______

Slimy bastards.

NAACP-Forgery Group, Bonner & Associates, Has A Decades-Long History Of Astroturf Tactics

_______

Art... reality. Reality... art.

It is a strange, Dobbsian world in which we exist.

Daily Kos: The Birthers: A Short Play

In my new tradition of summarizing major political stories in the form of short plays, may I present: The Birthers...

Conservative: I don't believe you were born in the United States. I demand you show me your birth certificate.

Liberal: OK, here it is.

Conservative: I'm not going away, damn it. I demand to see your real birth certificate.

Liberal: I told you, it's right here.

Conservative: I demand you put it on the web, so everyone can see it.

Liberal: I already did. You can see it right here. Just look at it.

Conservative: Some guy in Mississippi says it looks fake. I demand you show me your secret birth certificate.

Liberal: I don't have a secret birth certificate. This is it. I put it on the web.

Conservative: Conspiracy! Conspiracy! I can see now you're hiding something! I demand to see your birth certificate!

Liberal: It's Right. F---ing. Here. Ten thousand people across the planet have printed it out.

Conservative: Those are copies. I want to see the original.

Liberal: Lots of reporters have seen the original. I can't bloody send it around to every conservative nutcase in America, one at a time, like a birth certificate chain letter.

(long pause)

Conservative: I don't believe you have a checking account. I demand to know your account number, routing number, pin number, and that you give me a blank check made out to "cash".

Liberal: Go to hell.

and, SCENE.

Thank you. I am happy to announce that Lou Dobbs has agreed to attend the off-Broadway premiere.

_______

But then they forgot what it was...

Scientists find cannabis trigger for forgetfulness

_______

Cool pictures of the rescue.

Beluga whale saves drowning diver's life | The Sun |News

_______
_____
___

No comments: