Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Orbs

Hopefully we are becoming one in our opposition to the fools runnin' the joint.

Mr. NASCAR Tells Me How He'll Vote:
Although Mr. RenaRF is not especially a football fan, if he's not working I'll watch the football game at home (Washington's my team - long may they suck). The last two Sundays, however, he's been working. Two Sundays ago I just watched the game in my empty house, shrieking and scaring the cats. Yesterday, though, I decided to watch at least the first half at a nearby watering hole with lots of sports screens.

That's where I met Mr. NASCAR."
________

I've posted about McGraw back in January regarding his politics. A crappy Nashville country singer I can like for something other than their crappy Nashville country music. Plus, his wife is SO fine. I mean, SO fine.

McGraw bucks conservative country image:
"NEW YORK - Country music might seem like a pretty conservative medium, but
Tim McGraw is bucking the trend. 'It's innate in me to be a Democrat — a true Southern populist kind of Democrat. There's not a lot of those anymore,' McGraw tells Time magazine in its Oct. 23 issue.

'The issues that matter to me are the social safety nets for people, health care, middle-class concerns. We need to take care of the middle class and the poor in our country. The chasm is getting larger between haves and have-nots, and that's something we need to close down a little bit,' says the singer and star of 'Flicka.'
_______

I never knew that my governor only had 9 fingers. WARNING: Not safe for work unless you work for yourself or no one can see your monitor:

Raunchy photo of Schwarzenegger published:
"Radar Online has published a photograph of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger engaging in lewd behavior with a young woman in a restaurant."
_______

"Waaaah Wa-Wa-Waaaaahhhhh. Stupid-stupid heads all don't like me. I'm taking my oil and going home". What a little bitch. Fake southerner, yankee blue blood, little bitch.

Bush in a Snit:
"The notion that President Bush is not just in denial -- but is petulantly in denial -- is taking on greater credence thanks to two recent Washington Post stories."
_______

While this is a cool story, what caught my attention was the word "orbs". I like the word "orbs". It is comforting and exciting all wrapped up in 4 little letters. Hmmm, I wonder why. Orbs.

Milky Way teeming with Earth-like orbs:
"But Kailash Sahu, a lead astronomer at the Space Telescope Institute in Baltimore, said the Hubble has surveyed only a small, tight fraction of the Milky Way in the galaxy's central bulge some 26,000 light-years away. 'Our discovery gives very strong evidence that planets are as abundant in other parts of the galaxy as they are in our own solar neighborhood,' he said."

4 comments:

Townser said...

Hey, there is that "populist" word again. Hood/McGraw in '08?

I week from tomorrow I will be seeing DBT. So psyched!

AAW said...

Townser, you're right on top of it. I almost included Hood/McGraw '12 in my post. Damn mind reader.

Man, I'm psyched for you. Next time I'll see them will be at the Alabama Theatre over Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Interesting, as usual. Thanks.

AAW said...

Thanks, dpb!