Thursday, May 31, 2007

Cheetah Whores

One of my favorite blogs and one of the best writers on Alabama and National politics is shuttering his joint due to a move to another state:

Programming Note - The Alablawg:

"Moving to S’port means the end of the Alablawg, too. I hate it, I really do."

You will be sorely missed, Wheeler.

Go check out some of his final posts. As usual they are really good.

The Alablawg no more. I've got to give that a big 'Booooooo'!

_______

Fucking christ. If I hadn't just lived through the past 6+ years I would think this to be unimaginable.

Alas,

U.S. government fights to keep meatpackers from testing all slaughtered cattle for mad cow:
"WASHINGTON: The Bush administration said Tuesday it will fight to keep meatpackers from testing all their animals for mad cow disease.

The Agriculture Department tests fewer than 1 percent of slaughtered cows for the disease, which can be fatal to humans who eat tainted beef. A beef producer in the western state of Kansas, Creekstone Farms Premium Beef, wants to test all of its cows.

Larger meat companies feared that move because, if Creekstone should test its meat and advertised it as safe, they might have to perform the expensive tests on their larger herds as well.

This next line of the article kills me, though. This is the same tripe my 'medical coverage' gave me when I went for a yearly check-up. I asked them to run every test they got (hey, might as well... I'm there... and I'm a paranoid fuck). I got the same bullshit answer.

False positive my ass.

Preventative healthcare means insurance will prevent you from getting healthcare.
The Agriculture Department regulates the test and argued that widespread testing could lead to a false positive that would harm the meat industry."
Oh, and... uh-huh-huh, uh huh-huh... they said 'meatpackers'.

_______

Really? Ya think?!

House GOP fear fallout from ethics cases:

"WASHINGTON - A half dozen federal investigations into the activities of Republican lawmakers are raising new worries for GOP leaders who hope to regain the House majority they lost last fall.

In recent weeks, two veteran Republicans surrendered prominent committee seats after
FBI agents raided the offices of family businesses. Others have long-running investigations hanging over them. Some conservative activists are criticizing the party's handling of the matters."
_______

Impeach this baffon. Sign the petition if you haven't already. Remember, it's an easy way to participate in your democracy.

Impeach Gonzales!



_______


Whores.

I wouldn't say it to their faces, but all the same..... Whores. Or would they be sluts?

Female cheetahs sleep around:

LONDON, England (Reuters) -- For female cheetahs in the Serengeti, the call of the wild is just too hard to resist as new research shows nearly half of their litters are made up of cubs with different fathers."


_______
_____
___

No comments: