Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Now do your f**king jobs!

Its been foggy and blahhy in San Francisco the past few days... can bring a brother down, fo' sho'. Feeling kinda icky this morning until I checked my email and you'll never guess what I found in my in box. Some dude named Lopez emailed me and said he was a pro at getting people laid and could have me all sexed up in a matter of days.

'Nother fella wrote me and said he could increase the size of my penis by 4 inches. 4 INCHES!

Now I'm thinkin' today's not looking so bad after all. The future's lookin' bright!

Check out my buddy Shipper who lives in Palau:



He was tuna fishing off his boat the other day and caught something that was a non tuna.... a shark. Dave looks all manly in this picture like he's king of the jungle.... ocean.... ocean jungle.... whatever... but, per Dave: "When it started thrashing around in the boat, I screamed like a little girl".

The shark was safely returned to the water after a few pictures. Getting the hook out must of been a bitch, though.

_______

Senator Russ Feingold posted a diary on DailyKos yesterday regarding his view on impeachment. I dig Russ' progressive stances on most issues. He's one of the good guys.

But he's dead wrong on the impeachment issue and several other DailyKos diarist let him know it.

His view is the same as Pelosi's and I let her know weekly via email or phone message how wrong she is.

If we do not hold these people accountable then the precedent set has the great possibility of eventually destroying this country. I, never again, want a Republican or a Democrat to have the power or ability to do what this administration has done.

This is a great example of the type of constructive dialog that occurs on DK.

Daily Kos: The Question of Impeachment - UPDATED

Sen Russ Fiengold

It is clear that there are many people in this country, including myself, who demand accountability from this Administration for the terrible mess it made in Iraq and its egregious and even illegal power grabs throughout its six-plus years in power. I believe that the President and Vice President may well have committed impeachable offenses. But with so many important issues facing this country and so much work to be done, I am concerned about the great deal of time multiple impeachment trials would take away from the Congress working on the problems of the country. The time it would take for the House to consider articles of impeachment, and for the Senate to conduct multiple trials, would make it very difficult, if not impossible, for Congress to do what it was elected to do – end the war and address some of the other terrible mistakes this Administration has made over the past six and a half years.

.......

While some have pointed to Republicans’ decision to impeach President Clinton, I am also concerned about the over-use of impeachment. And I am conscious of the fact that I would have a specific role to play as a sworn, impartial juror should an impeachment be tried in the Senate. If charges come to the Senate, I will approach them and the trial with the same seriousness that I had when I participated in the Clinton impeachment trial. I would not prejudge the case one way or the other should it come to this.

.......

I fully respect the anger and frustration many Americans feel with this Administration. I share much of it. But on balance, I think Congress’s time is much better spent ending the war in Iraq, conducting the oversight that was absent for the last six years, and advancing progressive legislation.

Responses:

Daily Kos: The Answer Of Impeachment:

"This is an important point of agreement. The question is why anyone would allow any Administration to get away with such crimes. It's disrespectful of the Constitution and the rule of law, and it also sets an extremely dangerous precedent."


Daily Kos: A Waste of Time Senator?:

"I would argue that there is no more egregious and illegal act than deliberately going before the American people and knowingly providing false information with the intent to take us to war."

Here's the more angry response to Russ.

Daily Kos: A Word to Senators and Congressfolk:

"We’re sick to death of all your lame excuses! We want action – and we’re not saying pretty please anymore. We’re not even asking. We’re telling you! We are demanding that you do the only conscionable thing in the present circumstances – bring those criminals to justice! And don’t you dare insult my intelligence by saying they ‘may have’ committed impeachable offenses. What planet have you been living on?

The only question is do you have the spine to deliver. Let me remind you, we are the rightful owners of this country, and the owners have spoken! Now do your fucking jobs!"
_______

I'm not so naive as to believe that the South will quickly swing to the good guys side, but this is encouraging none the less.

Political Woes Dog Republicans Across the South - WSJ.com

The indictment is just one of the political headaches across the South that are making Republicans look more vulnerable than they have in years to losing ground in the region's legislatures and statehouses. Though there isn't any sign of them losing their dominance in the region, the once-formidable "Solid South" coalitions they forged in the 1980s and 1990s to end a century of Democratic dominion have given way to messy schisms and infighting. Today, they look a lot like the bitterly divided Democrats of three decades ago.
_______

This is way weird.

I was coming back to SF across the GG bridge the other day and I spotted a sign in the Presidio that was for a Coyote crossing.

I thought, WTF? This is in the middle of the city. We've got coyotes?!

Apparently so... in our freaking parks.

Coyotes attack dogs in Golden Gate Park:

"San Francisco officials posted warnings in Golden Gate Park on Sunday after the first known coyote attack in the city in decades, when a pair of the wild canines charged two leashed dogs on a small path in the park.

'We're taking this very seriously,' said Deb Campbell, spokeswoman for the San Francisco Animal Care and Control Department. 'We have officers looking for the coyotes, and we are letting the public know about these coyotes.'"

_______
_____
___

No comments: