Sunday, September 16, 2007

Marcus Hixon Wilson - 1920-2007

In loving memory of my grandfather who passed away last night.

Marcus Hixon Wilson - 1920-2007




Marcus Wilson Obituarie

Marcus, born Aug. 3, 1920, in Villa Rica, Ga., was a graduate of Oglethorpe University. He entered the Navy in 1942, obtaining the rank of lieutenant, and was released from active duty in 1945. He was captain of an aircraft rescue boat in the South Pacific. He was employed with Tennessee Vally Authority for 36 years. He also was a member and deacon of First Baptist Church, an original member of Turtle Point Yacht and Country Club, greens chairman for 17 years, president of Southern Turf Association for three terms and an avid golfer and outdoorsman.
_______

"Seems like everyone I know, is gettin' cancer every year...."

Love you and will miss you, Granddad. I hear there's never a three-putt where you've gone and that all of your drives will be 300+ yards.....

No more Granddads..... damn.

_______
_____
___

8 comments:

ABAT said...

Commiserations JPW. My grandad died a few years ago and I still miss him every day. Grandads leave a big hole in your life when they go. Take care.

Anonymous said...

JPW---Sorry to hear of your latest loss. You were lucky to have had him in your life this long, and he was lucky to have had a grandson like you...Davy

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your Granddad. Sending good thoughts to you and yours.

Dana said...

I'm so sorry to hear about that. Losing a loved one is hard.

AAW said...

Thanks, y'all. The well wishes are much appreciated. If you've sent me an email recently I'll be back in touch soon.

JPW

Anonymous said...

Pleas accept my condolences - My grandmother just passed and it it a tough thing to endure.

Best wishes...

Kent, NC

Townser said...

Again, sorry for your loss. Man, it's been a tough year for you and yours...

AAW said...

Thanks, Kent and Townser. The notes mean a lot.

JPW