Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Revved Til the Rods are Thrown

Mixing a little sports and Obama today to begin.

Great article by Reilly. Read it all.

Meet Rick Reilly's fantasy football partner: Barack Obama:

"I have the absolute worst fantasy league football partner. Just try to get the guy to return a call. Or a text. You need a damn court order.

He's Barack Obama. And, yeah, I guess he's busy, but why was I the one who had to fly to Dayton, get frisked and have bomb dogs drool on my bags just so I could meet him getting off his tricked-out, chartered 757? He can't meet a guy halfway?

I asked each candidate to be my running mate for one week in a fantasy league, just to see what kind of president he'd make—how he'd handle decisions under pressure and balance a budget. (On ESPN.com's Gridiron Challenge, you get a mystical $50M to spend on a team.) Only Obama bit. We settled on the Week 6 games.
_______

This is a big endorsement. If you don't know who Junior Johnson is....

Moonshiner and one of the originators of NASCAR.....

Wow.

NASCAR'S Junior Johnson comes out for Obama

_______

Damn right! Good for them.

Dozens Of Call Center Workers Walk Off Job In Protest Rather Than Read McCain Script Attacking Obama

_______


Come on over. We're glad to have you.



_______

Former Alabama Governor Siegelman discusses his false imprisonment.

GQ Blog on men.style.com:

"Do I believe in evil? Do I believe that Karl Rove is evil? I do. I don’t mean that he was necessarily raised to be evil. But I think that, like Caligula, he turned himself into an evil ruler. He has subverted democracy and, by the way, done a great disservice to the Republican Party. I hear that more and more—like the former head of the Alabama Republican Party, whom I ran into at the airport in Washington lately. He told me, “I told them they should have stopped at [defeating you in] the election.” Yes, I think there are evil people in the world, and I think Karl Rove is one of them."
_______

I was a big space nut as a kid. If only I could be of age to train for this mission when it comes about.... I'd do it in a heart beat.

Mars pioneers should stay there permanently, says Buzz Aldrin:

"The first astronauts sent to Mars should be prepared to spend the rest of their lives there, in the same way that European pioneers headed to America knowing they would not return home, says moonwalker Buzz Aldrin."
_______
_____
___

No comments: