Monday, May 24, 2010

Rumors of debarment for BP

If true and if this occurs, then I'll be somewhat happy.

Rumors of debarment for BP:
"In what would be the most fitting punishment for BP's many crimes, there are rumors that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is considering debarment for the company. Debarment is somewhere between corporal and capital punishment for scofflaw companies. The most severe form is 'discretionary debarment,' which would cancel all government contracts and leases on federal lands, a move that would cost BP at least 16 billion dollars a year.

An article in ProPublica by Abrahm Lustgarten discusses the prospects for debarment for BP and gives even a cynic like me reason to smile. Let me touch on the points that had me licking my canine teeth."
_______

Makes a pretty good case that we are:

Sen. Sanders tells the ugly truth "We're an Oligarchy and I think it's getting worse"

_______

Nice. Great headline. Horse Mint.

Texas cops mistake actual weed for marijuana, spend hours doing yard work

_______

So much hilarity in this article. h/t Sloan:

Athens man beaten during pot party || OnlineAthens.com

______

Picture of the year so far. Not for the faint of heart.

Julio Aparicio GORED IN THROAT During Bullfight (GRAPHIC PHOTOS)

______

I've been lucky enough to live near 4 of them:

America's Top 10 Road Trips

_______
_____
___

No comments: