Friday, July 23, 2010

DBT Week in Review- 7/23/10

DBT!

I had a damn cool DBT experience in NorCal Wednesday. I was leaving my apartment with laundry in hand and as I was locking the door I heard a truck driving through the complex with music blaring out an opened window. As the truck passed my apartment building, coming out the window I heard "Didn't kill nobody, didn't mean no harm". I ran down the stairs and chased after the truck until it turned into a parking spot. It was the pool guy. He was still inside when I reached his truck. I said, "Excuse me, but where you just listening to Drive-By Truckers". His eyes got real wide and he jumped out of the truck and said 'Hell yeah, I was listening to Great Car Dealer Wars from The Fine Print. I told him I was a fan too. He said he had every record but AAW and Austin City Limits. He made a playlist on his iPod of his favorite DBT songs. 75 songs in all. He saw the RnRMW tour but missed the last Fillmore show. We chatted for another 5 minutes about DBT. I went upstairs and burned him a copy of AAW. He was a pleased man when I handed it to him.... as was I.

_______
Fall dates added to the tour:

Drive-By Truckers: Shows

_______

Poster for tonight's sold out 9:30 Club show.



_______

A Look at the Drive-By Truckers' Epic Beachland Gig Last Night | C-Notes: Scene's Music Blog | Cleveland Scene

SPARKSY'S BLOG: Truckers and a free lunch

Review Photos Setlist: Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers and Drive-By Truckers Steam Up St. Louis' Verizon Wireless Amphitheater, July 18, 2010 - St. Louis Music - A to Z

_______

Drive-By Truckers at the Pabst Theater | Music | Just Announced | The A.V. Club Milwaukee:
"One of our favorite rock ’n’ roll bands on the planet right now is Drive-By Truckers, who released a string of brilliant albums in the ’00s thick with Southern noir and whiskey-drunk wisdom. This year’s The Big To-Do is another winner, and the show we caught last week in DeKalb, Ill. was one of the best fist-pumping rock gigs we’ve been to in a long while. We were severely bummed when DBT cancelled a concert at Turner Hall last February, but now the band has planned a return trip Oct. 1 for a show at the Pabst Theater. Tickets are $25 in advance ($28 the day of the show) and go on sale at noon on July 23. The A.V. Club will also be handing out free tickets, so stay tuned here for more information in the weeks ahead."
_______

Tom Petty Drive-By Truckers at United Center - Concert preview - Time Out Chicago:
"Warming up the crowd and ramping up beer sales are the Drive-By Truckers, long-standing candidates for America’s best live act and masters of three-hour sets that leave fans clamoring for more. Stuck in the opening slot, the Truckers are hemmed in, but there’s great satisfaction in hearing a band that references so much classic rock (on albums like Alabama Ass Whuppin’) echoing around a giant arena. The Southern booze-and-boogie hounds play every set as if they’re the mega-star headliners, anyway."
________



_______



_______



________

I love how this one devolves:



_______

Music

RIP: Andy Hummel, Big Star bassist | News Article | Tiny Mix Tapes

Jewel Dons Wig, Fake Nose To Dupe Karaoke Crowd (VIDEO)

_______
_____
___

No comments: