Thursday, July 08, 2010

Hell No, We Ain't Happy

Not happy at all, no no.

Team Obama is seriously fucked come November and it is all of their own making.

I'm sick of trying to 'make-them-do-it' when, obviously, they don't give a shit what we want. The appeasement of Blue Dogs and Republicans trumps what the dirty fucking hippies, who have been RIGHT about everything want.

'Compromise' doesn't mean starting in the middle and stating that all ideas are valid. You start with a clear, strong position and you stick the-fuck-to-it. Make the other motherfucker bend.

Would a Republican take over of one of both houses be horrible for America? Fuck yes, it would (great for what passes as a news media in the country, though. They loves them a circus b/c it means they won't have to do any actual journalism). Am I scare of that take over and will vote for Dems based on that fear alone? Hell no I'm not scared, and hell no I won't.

I'm voting for people who work for progressive causes tirelessly. If no one on the ballot fits that bill, then I won't be voting for them.

Some may say I'm cutting off my nose to spite my face. I disagree. I just fail to see that large of a difference between the choices. We survived Bush's 8 years and in many respects (rendition, torture, no accountability at the highest levels, corporate dominance of policy, and on and on and on....) we are stilling living the Bush years.

Not. Happy. At. All.

America: The Squeaky Wheel Gets Greased. Be. More. Squeaky, Good Guys!

Peter Daou: On the Left, a False Choice Fuels the Growing Civil War Over Obama

From the comments of the above article:

"'...the White House has consistently telegraphed that it doesn't care about progressive disquietude.'

And that's the whole problem: it's going to cost them in November, as it should. Progressives aren't afraid of a GOP takeover as David Plouffe imagines we are. We're already seeing the implementation of GOP-friendly policies (massive war spending, insubstantial health care reform, a program to assassinate American citizens without due process) under a Democratic president and Congress
-------
"I've been around the block politically so I'm no starry-eyed naif. I campaigned enthusiastically for Obama because I thought maybe he could cure my cynicism about politics. Instead, he has exacerbated it. For the first time in my life, I'm beginning to feel numbness when it comes to politics - I'm beginning not to care. I wonder how many others like me are out there and what effect it will have on Democrats in the coming elections?"
________

If he's lost Digby, one of the most rational bloggers out there, things are not looking good.

Hullabaloo:
"If going for hard core Republican votes isn't their strategy, then someone might tell the president that for the next four months he might want to knock off his patented 'one from column A one from column B' routine and stop making false equivalence between the Democratic base and teabaggers and lavishing praise on Blue Dogs who repeatedly punch hippies and stab him in back. Of course, as I said, it's always possible that the highly professional strategists have decided to purposefully depress the Democratic base and just fight mano-a-mano for the Republicans. Judging by the rhetoric and behavior it's the most logical assumption at this point.

I do hope the Dems enjoy the scandal and impeachment circus once the batshit insane Republicans get the gavels. I know the media will."
_______

Daily Kos: What the hell is the Obama White House doing?:
"Yes, what the hell are they doing?

This stance on cutting deficits will wipe us out, totally in November.

Why?

This country wants the government to SPEND MONEY FOR JOB CREATION, but the Obama White House is on the side of Republicans for cuts.

This is totally, fucking, STUPID amidst 9.5% unemployment and close to 20% underemployment. I mean fucking stupid."
_______

Mayberry Machiavellis: Obama Political Team Handcuffing Recovery

_______

THE Paul Krugman. You know, the dirty fucking hippie who said last year that the stimulus was too small and too focused on Republican tax cuts (thanks, Obama) to drive down unemployment. Unemployment remains 9.+ percent. Just as it was last year.

Confidence Fairies Have Infiltrated The White House - Paul Krugman Blog - NYTimes.com:
"We’ll never know what might have happened if Obama and co. had actually had the courage of their convictions; what we do know is that they have undermined their own message at every turn."
_______

Robert Kuttner: My Private Obama:
"But I reluctantly conclude that whatever progressives might desire in our private visions of who Obama could yet be, he is who he is. It is like watching a needless accident in slow motion. Without a drastic and abrupt course correction, the missed opportunities will continue to accumulate this summer and fall. The whole country, not just the progressive movement, will pay dearly"
_______

Daily Kos: Extinction, Incrementalism and the Fate of Humanity

_______

Oppossing views:

Weak tea:

Daily Kos: On Ponies, Obama, and Two Groups at Daily Kos

And pitiful fear mongering by Dems. This shit boils my blood.

Daily Kos: How Democrats can impeach Obama in one easy step

_______

Then again, it may be all for naught anyway.

Humans could go extinct within 100 years, says renowned scientist | MNN - Mother Nature Network:
"In fact, Fenner declines to speak about climate change because he believes there's no use — our fate is sealed.

'Homo sapiens will become extinct, perhaps within 100 years,' he said in an interview with The Australian. 'A lot of other animals will, too. It's an irreversible situation. I think it's too late. I try not to express that because people are trying to do something, but they keep putting it off."
_______
_____
___

3 comments:

Jez said...

You thought that was weak tea, about the ponies and Obama? I think it totally made sense. You need both the incrementalists and the completists. Sometimes things take time. Or else I'd have all my goals for the year done in January.

AAW said...

I didn't vote for you, Jez. And, yes, weak tea. We've missed many historic opportunities to make some crucial changes.

The incrementalist are happy with any bone they get. We need big change.

incrementalist = apologist. No better that the 25% who supported Bush to the better end.

Go big or go home. Many Dems will be going home b/c they were to fucking scared to go big. So be it.

Also, the way that diary is couched is condescending as hell.

This is my chosen response to that diary:

http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2010/7/6/882026/-Extinction,-Incrementalism-and-the-Fate-of-Humanity

Jez said...

As always, good strong opinion. I'm done with both dems and repubs. Everyone's on the take. I am more of a completist myself, but I find it turns people off quickly. Not sure what the answer is.

I'm a little disappointed you didn't vote for me. That kind of hurts. Next year, please use the write-in block. I promise to brew beer every week if elected.